Monday, March 28, 2011
WSBK: Checa shines in second Donington race!!!
Carlos Checa re-asserted his authority on the World Superbike paddock with victory in race two at Donington Park – taking his third win from the opening four races!!!
Despite starting from pole position the Althea Racing Ducati was off-colour in race one and was forced to settle for third place as Marco Melandri took his debut World Superbike win.
But the Spaniard – who grabbed a double victory on Phillip Island – was back to his best in the second race, surviving an early Leon Haslam charge, to take the win ahead of race one winner Melandri in second.
The win took Checa’s World Superbike tally to eight while Leon Camier defied his early-season troubles to give the home crowd something to cheer about in third.
Race results (2) - Donington Park
1. Carlos Checa ESP Althea Ducati 1098R 23 laps
2. Marco Melandri ITA Yamaha WSBK YZF R1 +3.397s
3. Leon Camier GBR Aprilia Alitalia Racing RSV-4 +5.902s
4. Leon Haslam GBR BMW Motorrad S1000RR +13.842s
5. Joan Lascorz ESP Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R +14.253s
6. Jonathan Rea GBR Castrol Honda CBR1000RR +19.413s
7. Michel Fabrizio ITA Suzuki Alstare GSX-R1000 +20.278s
8. Jakub Smrz CZE Effenbert Liberty Ducati 1098R +21.160s
9. Ayrton Badovini ITA BMW Italia S1000RR +24.298s
10. Ruben Xaus ESP Castrol Honda CBR1000RR +24.907s
11. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Effenbert Liberty Ducati 1098R +32.440s
12. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki RTS ZX-10R +32.679s
13. Troy Corser AUS BMW Motorrad S1000RR +34.070s
14. Eugene Laverty IRL Yamaha WSBK YZF R1 +36.418s
15. Roberto Rolfo ITA Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R +44.037s
16. Mark Aitchison AUS Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R +52.412s
17. Noriyuki Haga JPN PATA Aprilia RSV-4 +56.634s
18. Maxime Berger FRA Supersonic Ducati 1098R 2 laps completed
DQ Max Biaggi ITA Aprilia Alitalia Racing RSV-4
<>Did Not Start
Chris Vermeulen AUS Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R
Posted by mohammad adam Shafian at 12:22 AM