Saturday, February 18, 2012

I've Got Your Number: A Novel By Sophie Kinsella

Review: I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella


   
    There are very few of us who could get by without our cell phones. I know that I couldn't. If I am not using it to stay connected to the world via Twitter, Facebook, and Taptu, I am using it to stay connected to my family and friends via Words With Friends. And occasionally I even use it for phone calls. I thought Sophie Kinsella was very clever in the way she took our dependence on these little gadgets and turned it into the type of Chick Lit novel that she is best known for. Once I got past the whole cheekiness (love that British phrase!) of Poppy to just swipe a cell phone that did not belong to her, I found myself enjoying the story. Her determination to fit in with the Tavish's, her clever way at winning Scrabble, and her general need to butt into Sam's business was all really quite entertaining.

      Sophie Kinsella is a very well known author in the Chick Lit genre. Some even credit her with launching the genre into the successful genre it is today. Her newest book, I've Got Your Number, just goes to prove that the praise is well earned. Check it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment